The Caritas in Veritate Foundation is grounded in Christian values and the social teaching of the Catholic Church. It aims to provide Christian Representatives at the United Nations and other International Organizations in Geneva with expertise and strategic thinking.
By closely collaborating with the Holy See Mission and the Mission of the Order of Malta to the UN, as well as with Catholic-inspired non-governmental organizations, the Foundation contributes to the negotiations and the decision-making processes involved.
The project supported by The Caritas Pro Vitae Gradu Charitable Trust
We support annually the Foundations operational expenses and the assistance to the Nuncio in his role with the United Nations representing the Holy See.
The foundation has three different areas of activities:
The first is to provide, on short notice and at the request of the catholic representatives, high quality expertise on specific topics currently under review at the UN.
- Proximity to the needs of Ambassadors and Catholic representatives at the UN.
- A trusted network of highly qualified institutions and professionals.
- A functioning network of associates, able to deliver an expert report within 3 weeks.
The second field of activity is to commission reports from highly respected research institutes on topics deemed by the foundation as crucial to the ongoing international debate. Selected each year by the Board of the foundation, they also are intended to be relevant to current international events and forthcoming activities at the UN.
The third field of activity consists of preparing ‘side events’ at the UN done at the request of Catholic representatives, in order to give visibility and relevance to these topics at the UN.
- Ensures a wider coverage of the positions taken by Catholic representatives.
- Gives the opportunity to develop the understanding of the Catholic position on a specific point.
- Gives Catholic representatives the possibility of bringing to Geneva world class experts to present or explain their positions.